UPSC Mains Public Administration Reference Books: Public Administration is a optional subject for civil service examination. we are providing UPSC Mains Public Administration books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2020 exam. The following are the Public Administration UPSC books are in Hindi medium and English.
IAS Mains Public Administration Exam Date 2020 & Reference Books
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: Civil Services IAS mains exam is going to be held in the month of June 2020. Usually, the exam will be held in two sessions. Morning Session will be from 9 AM to 12 PM whereas the evening session is held from 12 PM to 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Public Administration Exam 2020 will be held on June 2020
UPSC Mains Public Administration Reference Books 2020
- A. Avasthi Central Administration
- Annual Reports of the Department of Social Welfare
- Awasthi and Maheshwari- Public Administration
- B.N. Puri Administrative History of India (Vol. I, II and III)
- D. D. Basu An Introduction to the Constitution of India
- D. Gvishiani Organisation and Management: A Critique of Western Theories.
- D. Ravindra Prasad, V.S. Prasad, and P. Satyanarayana: Administrative Thinkers
- Ferrel Heady: Public Administration-A Comparative Perspective
- G S Lal: Financial Administration in India
- G.E. Gaiden: Administrative Reforms
- IGNOU Lessons on Financial Administration
- IGNOU Lessons on Public Policy
- J.D. Shukla State Administration
- K. J. Guha Roy, District Policing
- K. K. Sharma Law and Order Administration in India
- M J K Thavaraj: Public Financial Administration
- M P Jain: Administrative Law
- Maheshwari – Indian Administration
- Massey: Administrative Law
- Mohit Bhattacharya: New Horizons of Public Administration
- Nicholas Henry: Public Administration and Public Affairs
- O Glenn:Stahl: Public Personnel Administration
- P.R. Dubbashi: Administrative Reforms
- Paul Hersey: Organisational Behaviour
- Prasad and Prasad – Thinkers
- R K Arora: Comparative Public Administration
- R K Jain: Public Sector Undertakings
- R K Sapru: Public Policy
- Ramesh Arora – Indian Administration
- S. L. Goel: Personnel Administration in India.
- S. R. Maheswari Administrative Reforms
- S.L. Goel Personnel Administration in India
- S.R. Maheswari Local Government in India
- Special Issues of Indian Journal of Public Administration
- Stephen P. Robbin: Organisational Behaviour
- T N Chaturvedi District Administration
Public Administration Subject in UPSC Mains Examination
UPSC Mains Public administration is the implementation of government policy and also an academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil servants for working in the public service. As a “field of inquiry with a diverse scope” its “fundamental goal… is to advance management and policies so that government can function.” Some of the various definitions which have been offered for the term are: “the management of public programs”; the “translation of politics into the reality that citizens see every day”; and “the study of government decision making, the analysis of the policies themselves, the various inputs that have produced them, and the inputs necessary to produce alternative policies.”
Why UPSC Reference/ Suggested Books are Vital?
UPSC Suggested Books for Public Administration gives you a glimpse of background information(definitions, details, facts, dates) and can assist in focusing on your topic. It is a good place to begin your research. You can access the reference materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam like encyclopedias, handbooks, almanacs, and dictionaries. In order to excel in the UPSC Mains Examination refer suggested books for Public Administration by Experts. Go through the compilation of books on this page and make your preparation easy.
I wish, the data prevailing on our page regarding UPSC Mains Public Administration Reference Books cleared your queries to an extent. For more such concerns you can drop us a comment via comment box and we will try to clarify them at the earliest possible. Kindly, keep in touch with our site for availing the latest updates on UPSC Exams.