UPSC Mains Medical Science Reference Books: Medical Science is a optional subject for civil service examination. we are providing UPSC Mains Medical Science books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2020 exam. The following are the Medical Science books are in Hindi medium and English.
IAS Mains Medical Science Exam Date 2020 & Reference Books
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: Civil Services IAS mains exam is going to be held in the month of June 2020. Usually, the exam will be held in two sessions. Morning Session will be from 9 AM to 12 PM whereas the evening session is held from 12 PM to 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Medical Science Exam 2020 will be held on June 2020
UPSC Mains Medical Science Reference Books 2020
- Anatomy – Megraper or Snell
- Essentials of Biochemistry – M C Pant
- Heinmann Dental Dictionary – Lennox
- Heinmann Medical Dictionary – Janife
- Human Anatomy (3 Vol.) – Chaurasia
- Human Physiology – Chatterjee
- Medical Physiology – Gyston
- Microbiology – Anand Narayan or Chatterjee
- Pathology – Muirs or Robbins
- Principal and Practice of Medicines – Davidson
- Review in Biochemistry – Harper
- Social and Preventive Medicine(SPM) – Park & Park
- Surgery – Love and Bailey
- BioChemistry: Harper
- Histology (Inderbir Singh)
- Human anatomy: Chaurasia (III Volumes)
- Medicine: Harrison
- Microbiology: Anantha Narayan (Introduction to Microbiology)
- Parasitology (Jayaram Panikkar)
- Pathology: Robbins (Big Robbins)
- Physiology: Ganong
- SPM: Park
- Surgery: Bailey
Medical Science Subject in UPSC Mains Examination
UPSC Medicine is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Medicine encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness. UPSC Medical Science applies biomedical sciences, biomedical research, genetics, and medical technology to diagnose, treat, and prevent injury and disease, typically through pharmaceuticals or surgery, but also through therapies as diverse as psychotherapy, external splints and traction, medical devices, biologics, and ionizing radiation, amongst others.
Why UPSC Reference/ Suggested Books are Vital?
UPSC Suggested Books for Medical Science gives you a glimpse of background information(definitions, details, facts, dates) and can assist in focusing on your topic. It is a good place to begin your research. You can access the reference materials for UPSC Civil Services Exam like encyclopedias, handbooks, almanacs, and dictionaries. In order to excel in the UPSC Mains Examination refer suggested books for Medical Science by Experts. Go through the compilation of books on this page and make your preparation easy.
I wish, the data prevailing on our page regarding UPSC Mains Medical Science Reference Books cleared your queries to an extent. For more such concerns you can drop us a comment via comment box and we will try to clarify them at the earliest possible. Kindly, keep in touch with our site for availing the latest updates on UPSC Exams.