Indian culture relates together to the thousands of different and unique cultures of all religions and communities present in India. Also, you can define culture as the ideas, customs, and social behavior of a particular people or society. To know more about past and present culture, here we have listed the practice quiz sets on Indian Culture. These Practice MCQ Questions on Indian Culture will give an insight into the cultural heritage of India, which may support the competitive exam and entrance test preparations.
There are two sets of Practice MCQ Questions on Indian Culture compiled here to ace up your preparations for various exams like competitive, entrance, board, etc. So, click on the link and access the Indian Culture MCQ Quiz Questions & Answers PDF.
1. Which Indian Academy is promoting dance, drama and music?
B.Lalit Kala Academy
C.National School of Drama
Answer: D.Sangeet Academy
2. The word ‘Sathyameva Jayate’ is taken from __________
Answer: C.Mundaka Upanishad
3. According to the cultural history of India ‘Panchayatan’ is:
A. An assembly of elders of village
B. A religious sect
C. Temple construction style
D. Functionary of an administration
Answer: C. Temple construction style
4. Dandia’ is a popular dance of
5. Where is Pushkar Fair held?
6. Sattriya is a classical dance form of which State?
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C. Assam
7. Which of the following folk dance forms is associated with Gujarat?
8. In which of the following styles of dance the story/ theme is always taken from Mahabharata and Ramayana?
Answer: A. Bharatanatyam
9. The Rath Yatra at Puri is celebrated in honour of which Hindu deity
10. Which one of the following is not a feature of North Indian temple architecture?
11. Which of the following dances is a solo dance?
12. Ramman is a religious festival and ritual theatre of ____?
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. West Bengal
D. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B. Uttar Pradesh
13. Pungi is a dance form related to the state
Answer: B.Himachal Pradesh
14. ___________ is classical dance form of Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B. Kathak
15. Kalchakra ceremony is associated with which of the following ceremonies?
16. The famous Nabakalebara festival belongs to which of the following states?
C. West Bengal
Answer: B. Odisha
17. Which of the following places is famous for Chikankari work, which is a traditional art of embroidery?
18. Which classical dance form is famous in Tamil Nadu?
Answer: C. Bharatanatyam
19. Historic Chandragiri Fort is located in which of the following states?
Answer: A.Andhra Pradesh
20. The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is associated with which one of the following cities?
Answer: C. Mumbai
21. The 2016 International Minjar fair has started in which state of India?
22. Which of the following is not a folk dance of Uttar Pradesh?
Answer: B. Chhau
23. The famous traditional dance ‘Ruf’ or ‘Rauf’ is associated with ……………… State.
C.Jammu & Kashmir
D.Dadra & Nagar Haveli
Answer: C.Jammu & Kashmir
24. Who composed the famous song ‘Sare Jahan SeAchha’?
B. Mohammad Iqbal
C. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
D. Rabindranath Tagore
Answer: B. Mohammad Iqbal
25. In India, which festival coincide with the festivals of Songkran in Thailand, Thingyan in Myanmar and Aluth Avurudda in Sri Lanka?
26. Hanukkh, the festival of light is associated with which one of the following religions?
Answer: B. Jewish
27. In which State is the religious festival Ganesh Chaturthi celebrated with gusto?
28. The paintings in the Ajanta and Ellora caves are indicative of the development of art under the
Answer: B. Chalukyas
29. Which of the following combinations of the States and the festivals mainly celebrated there is not correct?
A.Uttar Pradesh – Krishna Janmashtami
B.Maharashtra – Ganesh Chaturthi
C.Gujarat – Durga Puja
D.Rajasthan – Gangaur
Answer: C.Gujarat – Durga Puja
30. Who among the following was known as Bengal’s Greata Garbo?
A. Suchitra Sen
C. Kanan Devi
D. Bharathi Shirodkor
Answer: A. Suchitra Sen
31. The Desert Festival, an annual event in Rajasthan that displays local folk arts and culture, aerobatics, camel races, is held at
32. Which one of the following manuscript is included in the UNESCO’s Memory of World Register?
A. Rig Veda
D. None of the above
Answer: A. Rig Veda
33. Losing festival is celebrated in which of the following states?
34. ‘Madhubani’, a style of folk paintings, is popular in which of the following states in India?
A. Uttar Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D. Bihar
35. The technique of mural painting executed upon freshly laid lime plaster is known as –
1.Where is “Pushkar Fair” held ?
Answer: D. Ajmer
2. In which of the following states is the Hornbill Festival held annually?
3. Apart from India, in which of the following two countries, Tamil is an official language?
A. Mauritius and Malaysia
B. Malaysia and Indonesia
C. Sri Lanka and Mauritius
D. Sri Lanka and Singapore
Answer: D. Sri Lanka and Singapore
4. Sonepur, the venue of one of the largest cattle fairs is located in which of the following states?
5. ‘Kuchipudi’ dance originated in
B. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B. Andhra Pradesh
6. With which of the following festivals is Jallikattu associated?
7. The famous “Ganga Sagar Mela”, an annual fair is held in which state of India?
A. Uttar Pradesh
D. West Bengal
Answer: D. West Bengal
8. Which among the following is the folk dance popular during the harvest season in Punjab?
9. Which one of the following festivals is not celebrated almost simultaneously in the month of January each year?
Answer: B.Gudi Padwa
10. Which of the following literary works belongs to classical Sanskrit literature ?
11. Who amongst the following is renowned in the field of painting?
A. Prof. T.N. Krishnan
B. Ram Kinkar
C. Raja Ravi Varma
D. Parveen Sultana
Answer: C. Raja Ravi Varma
12. Rock cut architecture in Harappan culture context has been found at—
13. Bhagavata Mela, a folk form of performing arts is native to :
14. Where was first Madarsa set up by the British in India ?
Answer: A.Calcutta (Kolkata)
15. Guru Birju Maharaj is a maestro of which of the following Classical dance forms?
16. ‘Bull’ in Buddhism is associated with which event of Buddha’s life ?
17. Which among the following is a folk dance of India?
18. What was the main effect of vedic culture an Indian history ?
A.Solidification of race
B.Progress of Metaphysics
C.Development of Sanskrit
D.None of these
Answer: C.Development of Sanskrit
19. Which of the following is a popular folk dance of Maharashtra?
20. In which language was the Shrimad Bhagavad Gita originally written ?
21. The oldest form of composition of the Hindustani vocal music is :
D.None of these
22. The Paintings of Ajanta depict stories of the—
23. Kathak is the principal classical dance of :
Answer: B.Northern India
24. Buddha’s preachings were mainly related to—
A.Purity of thought and conduct
B.Belief in one god
C.Practice of rituals
Answer: A.Purity of thought and conduct
25. Mughal painting flourished during the reign of—
26. The Flamingo Festival is celebrated in__?
Answer: D.Andhra Pradesh
27. The Sangai Festival is organized in __
We believe the shed quiz questions on Indian Culture will benefit you a lot to prepare for entrance exams. So, avail all practice sets of Indian culture Quizzes from the above sections and improve your knowledge. If you want to ask any further queries on Practice MCQ Questions on Indian Culture then visit our site Ncertbooks.guru
Same-Sex Marriages Essay: Same-sex marriage, as the name suggests it is the union between two…
B.Tech Books & Reference Books PDF Download for 1, 2, 3 & 4 years (All…
School Uniforms Essay: We all had or will have a time when we would be…
Teenage Pregnancy Essay: Teenage pregnancies and teenage motherhoods have become a significant sector of concern…
Animal Rights Essay: Animal Rights is the thought or idea that says that some or…
Water Conservation Slogans: Mother Earth provided humans with a lot of gifts, and water is…